Flea infestation is one of the dog owner’s common problems. It doesn’t just give discomfort to your four-legged companion it can also cause certain diseases such as flea allergy dermatitis, flea bite anemia and tapeworm infestation to name a few. But fleas doesn’t just affect dogs, it can also affect humans as well.
In order to effectively eliminate fleas, it is important to understand the pest’s life cycle and their means of survival. Fleas are considered parasite- a creature that grows and feed in or on other creatures without contributing any benefits to the host’s well-being. In this case, fleas acquire all their nutritional needs by the process of hematophagy or feeding on blood..
Because of known adverse effects of fleas, many products are out in the market to eradicate the problem. These products come in dips, shampoo, collars. The rate of effectiveness varies from low to high. But there is one product that is getting vote points not just from the clients but from experts as well, it’s Comfortis oral anti-flea medication. It’s a beef-flavored chewable tablet that effectively kills, eliminates, and protects your dogs from flea infestation.
But how does a little tablet eradicate the fleas? Comfortis contains an active ingredient called Spinosad. It is an effective insecticide that targets the parasite’s nervous system and cause rapid excitation. Spinosad must be ingested by the parasite in order to work. Once taken, spinosad’s effect is evident in as early as 30 minutes.
Comfortis is recommended by most vets. Here are the reasons why it’s the leading oral anti-flea medication:
- It’s fast-acting. You can see the results in as early as 30 minutes.
- It’s very effective in eliminating fleas. Flea mortality rate of Comfortis is 100%.
- It’s convenient. Each pill lasts up to 30 days. If you give regular doses of this tablet, not a single flea would have a chance of survival.
- It doesn’t wash-off. Dips and shampoos are only effective in short periods of time. Fleas mortality rate are not as high. Plus, dips and shampoos can also cause allergic reactions to humans.
- It doesn’t require isolation. Because the drug is taken orally, you don’t have to worry about the chemical’s potential harmful reaction to humans especially to the kids.
- It’s easy to administer. Every tablet is packed with beef flavors that dogs love. No need for professional intervention.
Fleas may seem small and powerless but even a single female flea can be a potential hazard if left untreated. But not all anti-flea treatment is created equal. Choose a product that gives optimum performance in eliminating fleas. With Comfortis, you’re sure that your canine-buddy is flea-free.